OK, so I have not been very motivated this week. I had intended to make some more lingerie so that I could put the patterns in my Etsy shop. The problem is that I have too many projects backed up and this week it seemed a bit overwhelming. This is entirely my own fault because I see some gorgeous fabric (at least twice a week) and know exactly what I could make with it and then I buy it without thinking about the fact that there are only a certain number of hours in each day and that I already have a whole cupboard (and the top of my desk) full of fabric that I knew just what to do with!
Anyway, this week I did not do what I was going to. But I did make my youngest daughter a cover for her tablet.
My oldest daughter has been asking for a new make-up bag which I will now have to get on with or I shall be getting complaints. I have been dragging my heels a bit on this one as she wants a frame clasp and I’ve not used one before and haven’t even got around to making the pattern although I have seen a tutorial on U-handbag. I’m just going to have to take the plunge. I have bought the fabric. So that’s a start.
Also, I made another couple of tops in the Deer and Doe Datura style.
The first Datura was in a grey, embroidered cotton voile. I did the peter pan collar version but lengthened the back and put in a pleat to give some extra room at the bottom. I attached a lovely diamante button to a bow and sewed it to the front bodice, which doesn’t show up particularly well in the pictures.
Then I made a Datura similar to the original in a really soft floral fabric and added some bright cerise and diamante buttons to the back. I am beginning to notice a bit of a theme with the diamante buttons!
After the first peach coloured one I shortened the yoke and lengthened the top of the bodice. I think it works much better like this.
Hopefully, I will be inspired to sew lingerie next week.